3D Work

IMG_2407.jpg

TCS Academy: Chicken

As part of my training during the Technicolor Creative Studios Academy, I lit a VFX shot of a chicken, and then matched this shot with others I had lit within a sequence. I used MPC's version of Katana, Renderman and Nuke to achieve this. 

 

Software used: Katana, Renderman, Nuke 

IMG_2412.jpg

TCS Academy: VFX Lighting

As part of my training during the Technicolor Creative Studios Academy, I worked on lighting a VFX explosion sequence, and then animate the multilight passes within Nuke to give a more alive feel to the sequence. I used MPC's version of Katana, Renderman and Nuke to achieve this. 

 

Software used: Katana, Renderman, Nuke 

IMG_2411.jpg

TCS Academy: Leopard

As part of my training during the Technicolor Creative Studios Academy, I lit a VFX shot of a leopard, in a sunny daytime setting. I used MPC's version of Katana, Renderman and Nuke to achieve this. 

 

Software used: Katana, Renderman, Nuke 

Still_Life_Noise_MaxSam_1024.jpeg

TCS Academy: Still Life

As part of my training during the Technicolor Creative Studios Academy, I worked on lighting a still life 3D scene, working off a chosen reference to certain feel. This is where our practice of dailies first became incredibly helpful, and allowed me to understand the MPC pipeline a little clearer. I used MPC's version of Katana, Renderman and Nuke to achieve this. 

 

Software used: Katana, Renderman, Nuke 

cabin_boyce_Final.jpeg

TCS Academy: Cabin

As part of my training during the Technicolor Creative Studios Academy, I worked on lighting a cabin 3D scene, working off a chosen reference to certain feel, this was my first introduction into Katana and Renderman so it was a challenge, however I felt like I understood and excelled in the process of learning Katana .  I used MPC's version of Katana, Renderman and Nuke to achieve this. 

 

Software used: Katana, Renderman, Nuke 

IMG_1763.jpg

Stage Fright:
Final Major Project

For my Third year Final Major Project, I worked in a team of 3 to produce the short animated film, Stage Fright. I was responsible for Lighting, Compositing, Lookdev, Producing, Texturing, Cloth Simulation, Groom and Supporting Environment Concept Art. This project was begun in October 2021 and submitted June 2022.

 

Software used: Maya, VRay, Nuke, Substance Painter, XGen 

Poster_s5216940.png

Research & Dev:
Stained Glass Windows

I researched medieval traditional stained glass windows, from the process in which they were made, to the science behind the refraction effect. I then studied and recreated this within 3D. I did all aspects of this project from modelling to rendering the final window and environment.

 

Software used: Maya, VRay 

s5216940_Painted.png

Digital Matte Painting:
The Hotel

As part of the work produced during my final year at Bournemouth University, I created a digital matte painting which was then projected into 3D and created an entire shot. This process was very detail oriented, from the beginning Photoshop cleanup, to the Maya projections. 

 

Software used: Photoshop, Maya 

TheCabin_Still.png

Sunset Ranch:Personal Work

I wanted to get some practice with stylized lighting environments and so I started with The Cabin base for my work and turned it into a desert ranch at sunset. 

 

Software used: Maya, VRay

 

TheChip.png

Framestore Masterclass:
Pre Viz 'Chase Scene'

As part of my Third Year at university I did a module run by Framestore, based on Pre Viz. Our brief was to create a short story based on a 'chase scene' within a given environment, and our final submission was a playblast of this. I chose to create a humorous sequence between two seagulls fighting over a chip. 

 

Software used: Maya, Adobe Premiere Pro 

OPERAV7.png

Mystery: Lighting Practice

I wanted to practice my lighting within Maya and Vray between second and third year, I was focusing on the emotion of mystery and suspense. I feel as though I have improved my storytelling through composition and lighting.

 

Software used: Maya, VRay 

shot8test.png

2nd Year Group Project

Here is the final output for my second university year group project. I was responsible for the lighting, compositing, scenes of animating and helped with furniture modelling and texturing too. I am incredibly happy about the outcome of our work. 

 

Software used: Maya, VRay 

Bakery1_17_04_21.PNG

Unreal Engine:

Teapot Bakery

As part of my real time graphics module, I created this teapot bakery scene within Unreal Engine. My key focus was lighting and lookdev, I learnt the software from scratch in order to make an immersive experience. It was a steep learning curve but I'm happy with my result, which I wanted to look reminiscent of a Beatrix Potter illustration

 

Software used: Unreal Engine, Maya 

Ocean_Shot1.tif

Lighting: Easter Competition

Taking part in my university's 3D Lighting & Lookdev competition I created this scene based on the given theme and assets, ocean pollution. I loved doing this 2-week competition using Maya and VRay, it taught me about time management and how to get creative with given assets for sure! 

Software used: Maya, VRay 

HairBunAngles.png

XGen: Introduction to Groom

I experimented with Maya's XGen. I tried very different hairstyles to maximize my experience. I learnt about how to place my guides efficiently, and the importance of modifiers. I thoroughly enjoyed learning this software and completed both of these pieces within a week, from never hearing of XGen to producing work.  

Software used: Maya, XGen, VRay 

Bathroom.tif

Lighting & Rendering: Morning bath

This second year university project was focused on creating lighting and materials in Maya, rendering with VRay and the final composition in Nuke; it was focusing on a single frame. I was aiming for a sense of loneliness and a physically cold environment. 

Software used: Maya, Nuke, VRay